Monday, July 21, 2008

Thats Just Great Part 2

I ordered all of Tanners decorations and party games online for the big birthday that was going to take place on Sat. So Wednesday the UPS man delivers a large box that to my understanding was filled with: balloons, games, gift boxes for the guests, plates, cups ect. (of course i don't open the box). Friday night about 12:30 am I can't sleep so I decide to get up and put together gift bags for the party and watch a little T.V. I pull the box into the middle of the room and open. Yes that's just great they shipped me a metal Christmas tree. What in the hell am i going to do!!! I have nothing for the party and its count down time. Now I really can't sleep so i look for a 1 800 # to call and vent and all I got was a recording giving me the hours of operation. I convert central time to our time and realize i can call at 4 am and tell these heartless humans that they have ruined my 2 yr. old sons party. I don't sleep the rest of the night and by 4 am I put in my call and to keep it PG we will just leave out what was said (don't mess with a mother bear and her cub on birthday party day without a streamer in sight.) By 6:00am I was on the phone to mom asking if she could round anything up the festive woman she is, and by 7 am i was in my jeep driving to Starbucks for the extra shot venti with a list of party stores and phone numbers in hand.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

You make me laugh so hard! I support the theory of "Don't mess with a mama bear!"

A New Life Student said...

I still can't believe this happened! I so wish I could have seen your face when you opened the box! Well, the party turned out great and every thing looked so cute(including tanner)! I'm dreaming of that banana cake...yum!