Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Southern Hospitality

One of my favorite things about the south is the beautiful homes, and the sprawling green lots they sit on. So you can only imagine what I thought when we pulled up to one of the most beautiful homes in Baton Rouge. It belongs to Aunt Mary Jane and Uncle Paul and it was truly something out of a movie. It was decorated so beautiful and the yard and the gardens went on forever. They invited us to have an early Thanksgiving Dinner with the family and man can Aunt Mary Jane cook! It was so good to see everyone and I'm happy I got to meet the girls and their beautiful families.Glen and I in their beautiful backyard, look how green everything is! (A little different from Utah). Glen had so much fun with everyone. It has been years since he has seen Jane and Tara. I'm so happy I got to meet them. They were very sweet, and made me feel right at home.
I first met Uncle Paul at our wedding but, I didn't get to spend a lot of time with him or Mary Jane that night. We saw Aunt Mary Jane at Jamie's graduation but Uncle Paul was unable to make it, so it was nice to see him again.
Aunt Mary Jane is so hilarious she is always telling Dean to fix his hair. Dean brought his new little dogie and here they are enjoying a turkey dinner.

0 comments: