Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tanner cleans up at the Lehi Roundup





4:50 pm in the Jeep, both Tanner and I are sweating we are racing to Wines Park for the miniature float parade. I had three bags filled with sunscreen, cameras, cowboy boots and yes a gun holster. The seats were down to fit the "float" (red wagon) and it was covered with a large blanket so Tanner wouldn't pull it apart the second he saw the gold tinsel that covered the wheels. We arrived just in time to slip Tanner into chaps and boots and line up for the judging. Nothing like a little Americana, the oversize woman walked by like judging the miniature float parade for Lehi City was her calling in life. "You little cowboy get first place" she said and pined the blue ribbon on his vest. I was so excited I picked him up and jumped up and down he had no idea what was going on all he kept saying was "poop poop" because there was a large pile of "poop" a parade horse had left on the lawn. I never would have thought that I would get so much joy out of my one year old getting first place in the miniature float parade, I guess its just one of those mom things.

1 comments:

Trish said...

Jen - I had no idea you were a fellow blogger! Love your blog - I'll be dropping by often, if that is okay? Tanner is getting so big...sorry to see your new grill on the grass...I hope it all turned out okay! See you around! Trish